The Department of Sociology offers ten scholarships and awards to eligible graduate Sociology students (see list below). Each scholarship and award reflects the interests and desires of its donor. In most cases awards are at least $500 to $1000, but they vary based on merit of application and availability of funds. All eligible graduate students are welcome to apply for Sociology Department scholarships and awards at the beginning of Spring semester; awards are announced in April.
Award Announcement Procedure
Award winners will be notified by the Department Chair and will be recognized at the Department’s annual Spring banquet.
Students applying for awards must be continuing in the program in the upcoming academic year.
All scholarship and award applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on the first Monday of March each year. Make sure to put “Sociology scholarship application” in the subject line. Please label your applications with your last name and the name of the scholarship application (e.g., Smith_DePew).
Information for Graduate Sociology Scholarships & Awards
Quick Links to Additional Funding Opportunities
- WSU Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA) Travel Grant
- WSU GPSA Excellence Awards
- WSU McNair Scholar Achievement Program
- WSU Graduate School Funding Opportunities
- General grant information for WSU graduate students
- WSU Student Financial Services
- National Science Foundation Sociology Program
- American Sociological Association: Grants and Fellowships