All awards will be evaluated by an awards committee comprised of sociology faculty members on the following criteria EXCEPT the Depew Travel, DeMartini Travel and Teaching, and Short awards. These awards will be evaluated on the criteria stated on the individual award webpages.
- Eligibility – Does the applicant meet the eligibility criteria stated on the award page?
- Fit – How well does the application match the stated purpose of the award?
- Details – Does the application provide sufficient/specific detail (e.g., budget, experience, research plans, need, academic achievement) for adequate evaluation? If a proposal of anticipated research is required, the proposal must include your research question, a rationale for posing the question, a brief review of some of the relevant literature and how your research will fill a gap in this literature, a description of research/data collection methods, and analytic tools.
- Completeness – Does the application include everything requested on the award’s webpage?
- Presentation – Is the application written according to standard academic writing conventions? Is it well organized and neat?