The Department of Sociology offers scholarships and awards to eligible undergraduate sociology students from all campuses. Each scholarship and award reflects the interests and desires of its donor.
Washington State University undergraduates are also encouraged to apply for university-wide scholarships by completing the university scholarship application before January 31 for the following academic year. Completing this application enables students to be considered for an additional set of scholarships and awards through the university. Students are encouraged to complete a new scholarship application every year, since student eligibility and the availability of actual awards and scholarships changes annually.
Award Announcement Procedure
Unless otherwise stated, the awards committee will review all applications and select winning applicants. Award winners will be notified by the department chair and recognized at the department’s annual spring awards ceremony in April.
• Unless otherwise stated, submit all General Application Formmaterials to the Department of Sociology (email@example.com) by 5:00 p.m. on the first Monday of March. Place “Sociology scholarship application” in the email subject line.
• Label your application with your last name and the name of the scholarship like this: Jewett_your last name
• If you are applying for multiple scholarships, label your application with only your last name.
Information for Undergraduate Sociology Scholarships & Awards
Awards by nomination only (no application)
- College of Arts and Sciences Outstanding Senior
- Exceptional Senior Scholarship
- Marjorie Talbott Tripp Scholarship
Awarding Academic Excellence (by application)
Awarding Commitment to Outstanding Service (by application)
Awards Addressing Financial Need (by application)
- Jeanne Jewett Scholarship
- Herbert and Mary Wensky Neil Scholarship
- Ruth Magnuson Roberts Scholarship