Investing in the Future
Thanks to generous gifts from WSU alumni and friends, the Department of Sociology is able to offer numerous academic scholarships to eligible undergraduate and graduate sociology students on the Pullman and Vancouver campuses
The financial support provided by these funds helps students engage in activities that further expand their horizons and foster success.
Each named scholarship reflects the interests and desires of its donor and students who complete the WSU general scholarship application are considered for all funds for which they qualify. Both merit-based and need-based scholarships are available.
The WSU sociology scholarships include:
- Roberta Cline Frasier Anderson Scholarship
- Norman and Linda Baer Sociology Scholarship
- Ann Madsen Depew Memorial Fund
- The Susan & Sarah Dolan Memorial Scholarship
- Jeanne Jewett Scholarship
- Paul and Bessie Landis Scholarship
- Herbert and Mary Wensky Neil Scholarship
- Ruth Magnuson Roberts Scholarship in Sociology and History
- Marjorie Talbott Tripp Scholarship
- John Wardwell Alumni Endowed Scholarship in Sociology
- and more
How to Apply
Undergraduate and graduate students must complete the WSU General Scholarship Application each year to be automatically considered for scholarships from the Department of Sociology and the College of Arts and Sciences, and at the University level.
Completed scholarship applications must be submitted no later than January 31 for the following academic year.
Need-based awards require a completed FAFSA or WASFA. Visit financialaid.wsu.edu for current deadlines.
Incoming undergraduate students who have applied for admission to WSU may submit a scholarship application while they are waiting for a decision.
Recipients will be notified via email in late March and recognized at the department’s annual awards ceremony in the spring.