The Department of Sociology at Washington State University is committed to excellence in research, teaching, and service. This excellence is founded on inquiry, acceptance of diverse intellectual perspectives and critical thinking. The Department is committed to advancing the frontiers of sociological knowledge with our outstanding, diverse, and energetic faculty and to sharing this knowledge with students in our graduate and undergraduate programs and with stakeholders beyond academia. Beyond a fixed body of knowledge, the Department promotes critical and creative evaluation of social knowledge and life-long learning (in and out of academic settings). The Department builds upon a historical legacy of innovative sociological inquiry with current strengths in the following areas:
- Crime and Deviance, Social Control, and Social Justice
- Environment and Politics
- Families and the Life Course
- Research Methods
- Social Inequalities
- Work, Organizations, and Labor Markets
Thank you for your interest in Sociology at Washington State University. Please explore this site to learn more about the exciting developments within our Department.
Washington State University
Department of Sociology
PO Box 644020
Pullman, WA 99164-4020
204 Wilson-Short Hall
Phone: (509) 335-4595
Fax: (509) 335-6419
- Check out the Spring-Summer 2016 issue of Sociology News!
- Scarce revisits atypical graduate experience at WSU
- Department awards more than $40,000 at annual banquet
- New survey clinic fills university need
- Alumnae make strides in academic careers
- Department members keep busy summer schedule
- Remembering Chester Britt
- Should Marijuana Be Legalized, Or Not?