The Department of Sociology at Washington State University is committed to excellence in research, teaching, and service. This excellence is founded on inquiry, acceptance of diverse intellectual perspectives and critical thinking. The Department is committed to advancing the frontiers of sociological knowledge with our outstanding, diverse, and energetic faculty and to sharing this knowledge with students in our graduate and undergraduate programs and with stakeholders beyond academia. Beyond a fixed body of knowledge, the Department promotes critical and creative evaluation of social knowledge and life-long learning (in and out of academic settings). The Department builds upon a historical legacy of innovative sociological inquiry .
Read about his international career here.
Join us for a reception!
Monday, September 16
WSU Alumni Center
Refreshments and light appetizers
RSVPs are appreciated
- Don Dillman Fellowship
- Dr. Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson named AAAS Fellow
- Check out the latest issue of Sociology News
- Remembering the beloved sociology pioneer James Short
- Jennifer Sherman was recently on South Dakota Public Radio to talk about Tourism Based Economy. You can listen to the interview here.
- Rural Poverty in the United States by Jennifer Sherman was awarded the Frederick H. Buttel Outstanding Scholarly Achievement Award, by the Rural Sociological Society.
- Julie Kmec has been appointed the Editor-in-Chief of Sociology Compass
- Innovative Ignites Industry, earns national award
CAS News Sociology Headlines
Department of Sociology • PO Box 644020 • Washington State University • Pullman, WA 99164-4020 • 509-335-4595
Fax: (509) 335-6419 • firstname.lastname@example.org