The Department of Sociology at Washington State University is committed to excellence in research, teaching, and service. This excellence is founded on inquiry, acceptance of diverse intellectual perspectives and critical thinking. The Department is committed to advancing the frontiers of sociological knowledge with our outstanding, diverse, and energetic faculty and to sharing this knowledge with students in our graduate and undergraduate programs and with stakeholders beyond academia. Beyond a fixed body of knowledge, the Department promotes critical and creative evaluation of social knowledge and life-long learning (in and out of academic settings). The Department builds upon a historical legacy of innovative sociological inquiry .
- The Annual Awards Ceremony will be held Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 from 3:00pm to 4:30pm in CUE 518. If you would like to apply please fill out an undergraduate or graduate awards form.
- Letter from the department chair, Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson
- Julie Kmec has been appointed the Editor-in-Chief of Sociology Compass
- Justin Denney named William Julius Wilson Distinguished Professor of Sociology.
- Jennifer Sherman co-edits rural poverty book
- Innovative Ignites Industry, earns national award
- Regent’s Professor Don Dillman, along with several former graduate students from the Department of Sociology, have won the AAPOR (American Association for Public Opinion Research) 2017 Warren J. Mitofsky Innovators Award.
- Julie Kmec wins prestigious Sahlin Faculty Excellence Award for Instruction
- The department welcomes new faculty member, Justin Denney, William Julius Wilson Professor of health disparities, Fall 2017
- Check out the latest October issue of Sociology News!
- Graduate Students and Faculty make a world of difference
- In brief
CAS News Sociology Headlines
Department of Sociology • PO Box 644020 • Washington State University • Pullman, WA 99164-4020 • 509-335-4595
Fax: (509) 335-6419 • email@example.com