The Department of Sociology at Washington State University is committed to excellence in research, teaching, and service. This excellence is founded on inquiry, acceptance of diverse intellectual perspectives and critical thinking. The Department is committed to advancing the frontiers of sociological knowledge with our outstanding, diverse, and energetic faculty and to sharing this knowledge with students in our graduate and undergraduate programs and with stakeholders beyond academia. Beyond a fixed body of knowledge, the Department promotes critical and creative evaluation of social knowledge and life-long learning (in and out of academic settings). The Department builds upon a historical legacy of innovative sociological inquiry with current strengths in the following areas:
- The Department welcomes new faculty member, Justin Denney, William Julius Wilson Professor of health disparities. Dr. Denney will be joining the department in Fall 2017
- Regent’s Professor Don Dillman, along with several former graduate students from the Department of Sociology, have won the AAPOR (American Association for Public Opinion Research) 2017 Warren J. Mitofsky Innovators Award.
- Julie Kmec wins prestigious Sahlin Faculty Excellence Award for Instruction
- Attend Graduate Student sponsored EARThS Conference “Reflections, Transitions, & Solutions: Perspectives on the Past, Present, & Future of Environmental Issues” April 1, 2017, CUE 518
- Check out the latest issue of Sociology News!
- Scarce revisits atypical graduate experience at WSU
- Department awards more than $40,000 at annual banquet
- New survey clinic fills university need
- Alumnae make strides in academic careers
- Department members keep busy summer schedule
- Remembering Chester Britt
- Should Marijuana Be Legalized, Or Not?
CAS News Sociology Headlines
Department of Sociology • PO Box 644020 • Washington State University • Pullman, WA 99164-4020 • 509-335-4595
Fax: (509) 335-6419 • email@example.com